The Workspace offers hot desking in Johannesburg, as well as other locations in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal.
Hot desking is in keeping with modern trends that are reshaping the ways people work. For many individuals and companies, traditional office space is becoming redundant.
However, there’s still a need for comfortable, dedicated places to work (with reliable power and fast internet), some or all of the time.
To meet modern needs, it makes sense to turn to managed workspace solutions, like hot desking. This is cheaper and much more flexible than traditional office space rental.
What is hot desking?
With hot desking, desks aren’t permanently allocated to individuals. Instead, each desk may be used by multiple people, on a rota or ad hoc basis.
For example, a coworking facility may include multiple desks in an open-plan area. Each time you go to work, you may sit at a different desk.
Hot desking in Johannesburg
The Workspace offers hot desking in Johannesburg at all of our branches. Our workspaces are well equipped with comfortable seating and free high-speed internet.
Selby, Johannesburg CBD
Our Selby branch is located in the CBD on Village Road. This branch has a large open-plan coworking area for hot desking with plenty of natural light.
You can find our Wynberg, Sandton branch on Chadwick Avenue just off the M1 highway. The branch offers a comfortable hot desking area with semi-private booths.
Our Sunninghill branch is close to the northern suburbs of Johannesburg on Maxwell Drive. This branch has beautiful outdoor areas, including a braai for all members to use.
Our Robindale branch is on Bram Fischer Drive in Randburg. This branch has a stylish workspace and a comfortable outdoor area as well as free parking.
Morningside Manor, Sandton
You can find our Morningside branch on Kelvin Drive in Sandton. This branch has beautiful gardens and is located a stone’s throw from the CBD.
Melrose Arch, Sandton
This branch is in the heart of the bustling commercial district of Melrose Arch with its award-winning restaurants, boutique shops, outdoor cafés and department stores.
Our Blackheath branch is located in Pendoring Office Park. It offers hot desking in a modern, professional environment and also boasts an outdoor area and covered parking.
Who uses hot desking?
Anyone can use hot desking but it’s particularly well suited to entrepreneurs, freelancers and independent contractors who need a lot of flexibility.
It’s also picking up popularity with remote workers who’ve previously been working from home but need a more professional space where they can concentrate more fully on their work.
Advantages of hot desking
Hot desking offers a number of advantages for any worker, including:
- Pricing – hot desking is more affordable than dedicated desks or private offices.
- Flexibility – you can use hot desking as little or as much as you like with no contracts.
- Facilities – members who use hot desking have access to shared facilities like meeting rooms and kitchens.
- Networking – hot desking offers many opportunities to make connections with other workers, entrepreneurs and freelancers.
- Saves money – businesses can cut office costs by utilising hot desking for their part-time or remote workers.
Hot desking packages
The Workspace offers affordable hot desking packages are available at our Johannesburg branches.
Pay As You Grow
With our Pay As You Grow option, you can book desks when you need them for as long as you need them. It’s no problem if your needs change, simply book the space you need online when you need it.
Our hot desks are in professional, upmarket workspaces with the following added benefits:
- access to professional meeting rooms and boardrooms
- high-speed Wi-Fi internet
- access to kitchen and lounge facilities
- daily servicing of your work area.
Our SPACE hot-desking package costs R1,662 per person per month (incl. VAT) and includes the following:
- two hours per day/40 hours per month of access to coworking
- uncapped fibre-optic Wi-Fi
- access to boardrooms, booths and creative labs (at selected branches)
- call answering in your company’s name and voicemail retrieval
- use of a business address and a dedicated telephone line.
Our VIRTUAL package costs R905 per person per month (incl. VAT). This package doesn’t include the use of a desk but does include these useful benefits:
- use of a business address and dedicated telephone line
- answering of calls in your company’s name, call forwarding and voicemail retrieval
- 5% discount on boardroom hire.
At The Workspace, we offer affordable hot desking in Johannesburg (and elsewhere) and all our members have access to high-speed internet, meeting rooms and a range of business services. To find out more, call us on 087 059 7777 or contact us online.