The Workspace is proud to have built up a wide range of resources for entrepreneurs. Here you’ll find expert advice and information on everything from starting a business in South Africa to getting funding, marketing, money management and more.
Find out how to set up and register a business in South Africa. We also provide links to useful resources, from SARS and the CIPC to some popular sources of information for SMEs and entrepreneurs.
For many small businesses, funding is the key to growth. Find out who to approach for business funding and how.
Building a business takes proper planning and a good idea of what competitors are already doing. Having a solid business plan may also help you secure funding.
It’s the details of your day-to-day operations that determine how well your business venture runs.
Is it time to grow your business and get extra help? Try this advice on how to find the best people, and when to consider outsourcing.
To secure business, you’ll need to impress clients. This takes planning and preparation, whether you’re a freelancer or a business owner.
There’s so much to do and think about when you’re running your own business. One thing you can’t ignore, though, is basic money management.
- Understanding Financial Statements for Your Small Business
- Money Management Tips for Freelancers
- Small Business Budgeting Tips for 2020
- Top Ways for Small Businesses to Save Money
- 15 of the Best Ways to Save Your Business Money
- 9 Ways to Reduce Business Bank Charges
- 4 Ways to Cut Business Communication Costs
- Setting Freelance Rates in South Africa: A Straightforward Guide
- 9 Strategies for Handling Late-Paying Clients (without Destroying Relationships)
All registered businesses are obliged to submit financial records and pay taxes. Freelancers and contractors must also meet personal tax obligations. We offer some basic guidelines and advice.
Small businesses depend on effective marketing to grow. Consider these strategies for marketing that’s affordable and clever.
- Setting Up a Google My Business Listing for Businesses in Shared Office Spaces
- 9 Low-Cost or Free Marketing Ideas for South African Entrepreneurs
- 7 Tips for Marketing Your Small Business over the Holidays
- Video Marketing for Small Businesses: A Serious Money Maker
- How Freelancers Can Use Social Media Marketing to Boost Business
- Promoting a Small Business: Tips for Face-to-Face Networking
- Black Friday Marketing Ideas for Online Businesses
- 12 Christmas Marketing Ideas for Small Businesses